With a mission to start learning new ways to style my TWA this time around, I came across a video on Youtube that I thought was pretty cool. A lot of you may already have done this or is presently doing this, but I had never thought of it. It is called ‘brush coils’ and its basically a simple way to coil your TWA without fuss. Here goes!
Brush Coils featuring TwoIslandsGirl on Youtube
- Start on freshly washed hair or clean damp hair.
- Apply your choice of leave-in conditioner.
- Seal moisture with your favorite oil. I like coconut oil because its nice and light. Jojoba, olive and castor oils are also great options.
- Apply your favorite cream or curling pudding. I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I can’t say enough about that product. It is amazing!
- For a firmer hold, apply some Eco Styler gel or a gel of your choice. I use the Argan Oil Eco Styler gel.
- Work the products into your hair so that every strand is nicely coated.
- Using a soft bristle brush, brush your hair in a circular motion. Remember to go in only one direction.
- You can let your hair air dry or use a diffuser to dry your hair faster. I don’t have a diffuser so I put my blow dryer on cool air and the lowest setting just to speed up the drying process. I dont dry it completely tho. Just enough that it doesn’t have that damp look.
And voila! Beautiful coils in less than 5 minutes!
Here are a couple of videos on how this style is done so you can see how easy it is to accomplish. Don’t forget you can find lots more videos on Youtube for this style as well. Enjoy! xx