I have fallen in love with this style – a flat twist out with a side part. It comes out GORGEOUS every time and I just had to share it with you curlies. What I love about this style is that its so easy and it doesn’t matter how crooked your twists are! I also love the “rustic” African look it gives me.
How GORG are those pics?! Like seriously 🙂
And just because I’m loving my 4C hair, here’s two more 🙂 My hair texture is on full display. 4C FABulous! haha (I’m happy today)
I swear that all my styles use the same products and almost always the same steps. I love soft hair so I almost never use a holding gel. I love touching my hair and feeling its softness on my finger tips. Here’s what I do:
Flat Twist Out w/ Side Part
- Start with moisturized hair
- Create the side part and clip hair away
- Part hair to desired size; start anywhere you like (I use my fingers)
- Apply your favorite styling product; I use a bit of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and a touch of the Gel Souffle
- Detangle for smooth twisting
- Flat twist section
- Repeat until entire hair is twisted
- Cover with satin cap before bed or sleep on a satin pillow case
- Untwist in the morning, use a comb pick to lift roots and fluff with finger to desired look; keeping the side part intact.
Here are a few more pics. Every flat twist out will be unique. Your curl may differ slightly but it will always be beautiful. I had a few ladies stop me on the street to say they liked my hair. That truly does warm a girl’s heart.
Because I don’t use gel to firm up my twists, the definitions last no more than two days so on day two, I rub some leave-in conditioner in the palm of my hand and rub it on my ends to bring back some of the curls. I then lift my roots again with a comb pick and then use my fingers to fluff.
On the third day, I normally pull an elastic band around my head.
Enjoy curlfriends xx