Over the past week I have been nominated for 3# blog awards by two fellow beautiful bloggers – Nature’s Pulchritude and The Kink And I. Nature’s Pulchritude appreciates the ‘Pulchritude’ of Nature through Natural and Organic Beauty Products and Food; while The Kink And I is an Afrikan butterfly’s natural hair blog. ‘Fro love lives there 🙂 Both blogs are truly awesome and have been helpful to me so go show these ladies some luv!
Personally, I find some of the terms of accepting these blog awards a tad bit tedious but I could not ignore these nominations. I am very grateful that people find my blog meaningful. To this end, I am accepting all 3# awards in one go.
Here are the rules to the Sunshine Award:
- Use the logo above in the post.
- Link to whoever nominated you.
- Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
- Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.”
Now, here are the rules for the Shine On Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Show appreciation by acknowledging the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and happily pass on this award, making sure to link their blog into your post.
- Contact your chosen bloggers and let them know.
These two Awards are pretty similar so I will do them together.
Ten Random Facts About Me
- My name is Nekisha Lewis. There is another Nekisha Lewis in Antigua and we bank at the same Bank, has the same general Dr and Gynecologist so I constantly have to either give my middle initial or my date of birth to identify myself.
- I’m addicted to milk – full cream.
- I enjoy silence
- I am in love with Law & Order: SVU & CI & The Original
- I’m a lil OCD – I hate to see clothes hanging haphazardly on the line
- I am not particularly interested in music
- I like taking photos [Nikon D3200]
- I can’t live without hot water
- I would very much like to learn how to sew [cushion covers fantasy]
- I have extremely long arms
Bloggers I’m nominating for both Awards are:
Here are a few rules you must follow to take part in this award:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate eleven blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers.)
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.
Questions via Nature’s Pulchritude:
1. What is your favorite place to visit? – The Cinema hahaha
2. Are you double jointed? – only my arms. There is no spot on my back I can’t reach 🙂
3. What is your favorite nail polish color? – I only wear top coat on my nails; and even then, on an irregular basis
4. What 3 topics interest you most? – Natural Hair, DIYs and Blogging
5. Have you ever milked a cow? – nope!
6. What has been an important life lesson for you? – learning to love me from my dark skin to my nappy hair 🙂
7. If you were stranded on a island, what two items are you bringing? – a mirror and a pack of tampons!!
8. Do you bake (cookies, cakes, bread, etc.)? – uh uh. nope.
9. Have you ever been scuba diving? – I don’t like being under water. The possible creatures lurking. *shivers*
10. When was the last time you went to a zoo? – we don’t quite have a full zoo here but I did see a mini one a few weeks ago (monkey, parrots etc)
11. What is the strangest food you have ever tasted? – I don’t experiment very much so I literally have no idea!
11 Facts About Me
10 have already been listed above, so…
11. I have a tad bit of a bossy side 🙂
Black Zulu Questions for nominated bloggers:
- Who has been your greatest inspiration?
- What did you want to grow up to be as a child?
- What is your favorite ice-cream flavour?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What age did you graduate high school?
- What is your favorite make up brand?
- Which TV Show are you looking forward to returning next Season?
- How long do you wear your nails?
- What is your favorite place to visit?
- Tea or coffee?
- Favorite online store?
Blogs I’m nominating for this Award:
Congrats to all the nominated bloggers! Keep coloring our World beautiful!