2014 was a truly FANTASTIC year for my hair! I can’t say how much I’ve learnt to love my hair, its texture and every aspect that makes it mine. As I look back at my year in hair, I see the joy at experiencing growth, I see the struggles when I encounter difficulties but I also see the triumph when I have major accomplishments.
Last year, some of my proudest moments were:
- I had some amazing twist outs early 2014
- I tried finger coils TWICE
- I had cornrows installed – stylishly
- I started and completed the Castor Oil Challenge
- I learnt to install havana twists
- I achieved my first high bun
- I experimented with tuck, roll & pin styles
- I did an extraordinary amount of protective styles
I also had a few regrets and the worst of which were:
- I experimented with hair growth vitamins; which may have caused…
- My hair texture changed. No more chunky/flat twist outs 😦
Going into 2015, I am officially in the in-between stage where my hair is too long to just “leave it and go” but not long enough to achieve more advanced styles. However, I still plan on doing mainly updos this year. I will either continue to part my hair two horizontally and pull into two high ponytails to form my bun or do a kinky blow out so that my hair stretches enough to pull into a single ponytail without stressing my edges. I’ve purchased 2# packs of marley braids to form my updos so I am truly excited for 2015.
Thank you so much for being a part of my journey. Thank you for your compliments, your tips, your advice and your love all around. May your 2015 be as bright and beautiful as you are!
Here is a quick round up of my pics for 2014.
Here are a few quick photos from my New Year’s Eve night with my best friends and sister. I was too rushed to stop and take photos of my hair but thats what 2015 blogging is for *-*