Hello, Curlies! Last year I developed a bun obsession. It was endless high buns continuously.
For my curlfriends with TWAs, there is hope. I did an oversized bun which didn’t require me to pull my hair into a full ponytail and it looked freaking #awesome. I also installed some mini twist to do a twist out but they had to stay in a couple days to hold their definition so I pulled them into a high bun as well during the days I wanted for them to ‘set’.
I bought 1# pack of marley hair and that was used to create all the buns. Some days I twist up the hair to achieve a twisted bun look while other days I just wrap the braid as is.
Pros of a High Bun
- Style lasts a few days as I just tie my head with a satin scarf and drift off to sleep.
- Gives a clean professional look
- Easy to accomplish; very uncomplicated style
Cons of a High Bun
- Add stress to edges if pulled too tightly
- If kept for a few days, hair can become dry due to lack of regular moisturization
- Headaches if pulled too tightly
How I deal with the CONS
- Because my hair is short, I have taken to doing a kinky blow out to stretch my hair so that they can be pulled into a ponytail much easier
- To ease the stress on my very weak edges, I do more oversized buns so that I do not have to pull my hair into a full ponytail. I then slip the rubber band that comes on the braid around my hair and wrap. My puff gives the bun body
- I’ve found that hairpins can cause headaches as they tend to pinch the areas they rest on. I have found that bobby pins works much much better!
I would also love to hear how your hair is doing so leave me a comment. I am completely out of loop
Happy hair days and a big giant “I’ve missed you” hug xx